Saturday, November 17, 2012

lazy {but productive} saturday morning

I don't about your house, but ours is go go go. The weekends are usually no different. The girls are up at 5:30am EVERY morning and we just get up and make the most of the day. This morning though I was tired. A late night out with girlfriends for dinner and a few wines last night, chatting to the wee hours the night before and I'm feeling it. The girls and I have the day to ourselves so after snuggles in bed we had breakfast, showered and got dressed. While they were eating breakfast I made a big pot of vege soup for dinner tonight and some fresh mango and yoghurt icy poles as a little treat for dessert.

I then decided to do some crafting with the girls and make some art work for their grandparents for Christmas. My girls love nothing more than to craft. I had printed out these templates quite awhile ago but we just never seem to get them done.

After a quick demonstration....



... the girls set to work.








We used coloured ink pads and baby wipes to keep clean. The girls loved doing this activity and it kept them busy for nearly an hour.

We will get some frames for each picture and then wrap them up for christmas pressies.

Now off to watch the girls dance like ballerinas to classical music while I sip of nice hot cuppa tea.

Are you making handmade gifts for your family and friends this year? If so what are you making?

Shan x


Pin It

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...